Saturday 22 April 2017

Musings on the Front Porch

Sitting on the front porch watching the sun come up on my post-post call day I am enjoying the porch swing that Keith hung up for me.  It's probably the most romantic gift that I bought myself.  That's because the romance isn't in the purchasing (as in most things) - the romance was in the hours of figuring out how to support it and hang it properly to be enjoyed by our family as we sit out front smiling and waving at our neighbours.  The porch really is the best in the shade of the early morning and to enjoy leisurely sun-kissed naps in the afternoon. Keith's love language is most certainly in the little things and sometimes I can miss all the little things until I realize sitting on this front porch that this beautiful swing that I love so much would still be sitting in a box if it wasn't for him.

Last evening I was again reminded of all the little ways he improves my life.  I was doing my typical post-call mania which goes something like this....

Me: I feel amazing!!! (on 3 hours sleep) I am going to do all the things.  I'm going to get everything on my to-do list done.  I can do anything and everything cause I feel great.  I have never felt this good.

Keith: Maybe you should just relax a bit...

Me: NO I CAN DO ALL THE THINGS

1 hour later

Me: I am tired.  I don't want to be tired.  I want to do stuff.  The sun is shining...waaaaahhhhh.....

Keith: Why don't you just go to sleep - you will be fine tomorrow. 

Me: I don't want to go to bed.  This sucks.  Bedtime is stupid. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........


Anyway who thinks being married to a doctor would be awesome doesn't realize that at times it's like having a bigger and whinier child.  It's not for the faint of heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment