Friday 3 April 2015

Springsgiving

I have decided that I am doing a big Thanksgiving meal in every season.

There are many reasons for this:

1) I love throwing dinner parties
2) I love filling the house with people
3) I love spending all day cooking and baking in my pajamas
4) Not everyone I love can come to the fall Thanksgiving
5) I have too much to be thankful for - it can't fit into a once a year activity

So I figured four times a year would be a much better prospect and that way I can experiment with different food and differing groups of friends.  The constant at each I have decided will be my Grandmother's perschke.  It's my tribute to her at each dinner, like she's always there with me in the kitchen.

We had Springsgiving last Sunday and it was a smashing success.  Devin was visiting, we had our staple family members there and close friends with their kiddos.  An extended adult table and an attached kid table was great fun and there was lots of food and beverages.  Everyone said what they were thankful for (including cups!) and it was great to reconnect with old friends and get to know new ones better.  There is so much to be thankful for in my life and hopefully celebrating gratitude will help me raise thankful children too.  Thanks to all our friends and family near and far for all that you are in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment