Thursday 18 January 2018

The Manta Ray


Tonight is the last night of our family as we know it.  

Tomorrow we will be 5 instead of 4.

I did not anticipate being this nervous.  

We decided last year that we had love in our family that we wanted to share with one more little human.  We weren't sure if it was meant to be but in May we got the answer to our question: there was room for one more little Morris in our life. 

Keith and I were nervous then too. We've been out of baby stage for a while so jumping back in seemed crazy.  It took us a little time to settle in to our previous decision to have a 3rd baby and to realize the realities of that despite being quite excited about all the possibility.

We told the kids relatively early so they didn't think I was sick.  I knew they would be excited but I hadn't realized the extent of their excitement.  It might be the most excited they have been about anything ever and that includes Cian who is typically enthusiastic about a wide variety of topics.  

I had miscarriages before each of my first 2 children but not this little person.  I have taken that as a sign it was meant to be as I feel that perhaps if we had a 3rd miscarriage we would not have had the courage to try again and our little family of 4 would never know 5 (or 6 as the kids remind us because we never want to forget about Groot).

In utero Cian was the Morris Monkey, Emily was the Morris Moose and I let them choose what animal this one would be.  I did suggest Morris Manatee because they are slow and loveable but the kids wanted Morris Manta Ray.  They searched on Pinterest for pictures of ocean nurseries and help decorate and get ready.  I hadn't remembered that on Moana the grandma turns into a Manta Ray and when that realization washed over me I knew the kids had made the perfect choice.  

We meet you tomorrow little person.  We are nervous and excited to share our lives and our family with you.  Hopefully you love our crazy antics and lots of hugs and kisses.  You are already very very loved. 






No comments:

Post a Comment